Download Ubuntu Budgie 19.04
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? We finally have Ubuntu Budgie 19.04 released and available for download! Starting from today forward, will be adding more posts, downloads and tutorials for Ubuntu Budgie. We plan to support even more of the official flavors in the coming weeks so be on the lookout for that.
Today we will list the Ubuntu Budgie 19.04 download links which will feature both FTP links, direct download links and of course Bittorrent links for Ubuntu Budgie 19.04. Lets not waste too much time, have a quick look at Budgie’s version of Disco Dingo’s feature list, screenshots and then you can go ahead and download and install it.
Table of Contents
Ubuntu Budgie 19.04 Features
- Firefox is the default browser. So out goes a chromium-browser icon on both the icon-task-list and plank dock – in comes Firefox
- For good measure, we have added ubuntu budgie welcome as a default program icon to make discovery instant (on both the icon-task-list and plank dock).
- We have dropped TLP from the default install. The power savings in the kernel from kernel 4.18 and later are significant for newer computers. TLP is still available to be installed if the kernel power savings do not impact you due to using an older CPU.
- The caffeine appindicator has been dropped – this has been replaced with the native caffeine budgie-applet that comes with budgie-desktop v10.5
- We’ve added a new game 2048 as part of the default install – a great way to while away a few hours
- Fonts have changed from “Ubuntu” to “Noto Sans” except for the terminal font since Ubuntu is much easier to read!
- Ubuntu Budgie Team Wallpapers for 19.04 – the UB team has decided for this release to choose their favourite wallpapers – quite an eclectic bunch. I hope you like them. We will next run a community contest for the 20.04 LTS
- Budgie Welcome – Translation team has been bustling – many more languages now available
- Budgie Welcome – Browser Ballot available from getting started now is Snap capable – we offer GNOME Web and Midori as options for web-browsers as well as the Snap versions of Firefox and Chromium-Browser. Chrome, Vivaldi and the repo versions of Firefox and Chromium-Browser are still available.
- Catfish file and text search is now a default install
- The community has requested Files (Nautilus) to be switched to Files (Nemo) – so welcome back split screen and other goodies. Tip – press Alt or right-click the toolbar to show the Menu for preferences etc.
- ShowTime applet has been completely revamped and rewritten – includes the ability to drag around the screen enabled via budgie-desktop-settings
- A bug in WeatherShow, causing occasional crashes, has been fixed
New productivity applets are now available from Budgie Welcome:
- New Pomodoro like applet Take-A-Break
- Ability to enable window focus change to be on mouse enter/leave via the “Windows” section of Budgie Desktop Settings, as opposed to click-to-focus.
- The “Fonts” section of Budgie Desktop Settings introduces a new Text Scaling option
- Ability to dismiss individual notifications
- Notification grouping on an application basis
- Large Notifications are now truncated to prevent huge notification windows being displayed
- Caffeine powered – a new applet that prevents screen dimming and lock screen triggering. This is now the default on the panel
Install Ubuntu Budgie 19.04
Ubuntu Budgie 19.04 Screenshots