Do you want to try your hand on getting an article up on ubuntufree.com? Have a flair for writing ubuntu and linux articles and want to have it read by readers who share the same passion and interests? We can help.
Actually, anything out of the list is still fine as long as it jives with the site, subject to approval from the editors, of course.
Get Your Linux Ubuntu Article Published
We rarely deny any articles we receive, so please feel free to give it a try! Sometimes though we do have to reject some articles for one reason or another. For one, we have to reject submissions that do not adhere to our simple instructions listed below.
Here are a few quick and simple guidelines to help improve the odds of getting published, based on the submission being articles, tutorials or tips and showcases.
1.) Linux/Ubuntu/Tech Articles
If you are aiming to submit an article, discussion, something that features more text than images:
- Please have an intro, a body and a conclusion.
- Subtitle your main point – then you have the freedom to elaborate.
We love them tutorials, although to make it reader-friendly, follow these few guidelines:
- Make them straight-to-the-point. lol.
- Include the demo link and/or download link where relevant.
- Credit your image sources or link back to the original site where you got the images from.
We love pictures, themes and ubuntu wallpapers A picture says a thousand words, so if you want to feature a showcase of awesome images or illustrations:
- Submit images in a separate zipped file via email(email us at email@example.com )or you can submit individual urls.
- If it is a showcase featuring apps, tools or plugins etc, do include the download link.
We Would Love It If You Could…
Give your submission more leverage by
- linking back to previously published ubuntufree.com articles.
- making sure the images you submit are in high quality.
How to Send/Email us your article
Simply send the article to our email a long with a title, and the best fitting category(ex. ubuntu games, ubuntu apps etc) you think it fits in.
Send us an email at —
Thank you for taking your time to submit your ubuntu article, we will give you all the credit for the article including a link back to your twitter, facebook or web site if you wish, just let us know in the email, have a nice day and thanks again!