Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a great day so far. My week on the other hand, has been pretty good, my birthday was yesterday, lol I hardly ever announce that for my own reasons but at least this means I have made through another year! It hasn’t been easy, I can tell you that, anyway, please read on…
Today we will feature an awesome app that was highlighted by our friends at OMGUbuntu.co.uk yesterday. Ubuntu Cleaner is the app of the day, possibly week. It really does do what the name says. Cleans up your Ubuntu. If you notice it is a bit slow or full of old Kernel updates and upgrades, this Ubuntu Tweak like app(ahem!) will fix all those things and more in a jippy. Let’s explore a bit more and find out if this app is truly worth your time to try.
Table of Contents
What Is Ubuntu Cleaner?
Ubuntu Cleaner is a tool that makes it easy to clean your ubuntu system.
How to build & test
- make deb generates a .deb package ready to be installed.
- make clean cleans all the generated files due .deb compilation.
- make test runs the tests.
Setup via PPA
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gerardpuig/ppa adds ubuntu-cleaner ppa.
- sudo apt update && sudo apt install ubuntu-cleaner installs ubuntu-cleaner.
Install Ubuntu Cleaner
Quick Links: Chrome for Ubuntu