Download Lubuntu 19.04
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? We finally have Lubuntu 19.04 released and available for download! Starting from today forward, will be adding more posts, downloads and tutorials for Lubuntu. We plan to support even more of the official flavors in the coming weeks so be on the lookout for that.
Today we will list the Lubuntu 19.04 download links which will feature both FTP links, direct download links and of course Bittorrent links for Lubuntu 19.04. Lets not waste too much time, have a quick look at Lubuntu’s version of Disco Dingo’s feature list, screenshots and then you can go ahead and download and install it.
Lubuntu 19.04 Features
Lubuntu 19.04 uses the Lightweight Qt Desktop Environment (LXQt). The project’s goal is to provide a lightweight yet functional Linux distribution based on a rock-solid Ubuntu base. Lubuntu provides a simple but modern and powerful graphical user interface, and comes with a wide variety of applications so you can browse, email, chat, play, and be productive.
This is the second Lubuntu release with LXQt as the main desktop environment. The Lubuntu project, in 18.10 and successive releases, will no longer support the LXDE desktop environment or tools in the Ubuntu archive, and will instead focus on the LXQt desktop environment. You can find the following major applications and toolkits installed by default in this release:
- LXQt 0.14.1.
- Qt 5.12.2.
- Mozilla Firefox 66, which will receive updates from the Ubuntu Security Team throughout the support cycle of the release.
- The LibreOffice 6.2.2 suite, with the Qt 5 frontend.
- VLC 3.0.6, for viewing media and listening to music.
- Featherpad 0.9.3, for notes and code editing.
- Discover Software Center 5.15.4, for an easy, graphical way to install and update software.
- The powerful and fast email client Trojitá 0.7 to get you to inbox zero in no time.
- File manager/desktop icons:
- Trash, Home, Computer, and Network icons have been added to the desktop for easy accessibility.
- Hidden icons are now shadowed.
- Split view has been implemented.
- Allow full names to be shown instead of only display names.
- Fixed view icons with HiDPI scaling.
- Theme icons are preferred for view actions.
- Image viewer:
- An image’s EXIF data can now be rendered.
- A confirmation dialog is now present when using “Save as” without a file extension.
- Added ImgBB as an upload provider.
- Added the ability to annotate images.
- Added a copy button to the upload dialog.
- Margins have been added.
- History-based tab switching has been implemented.
- GTK Appearance settings have now been upstreamed.
- Touchpad settings have been vastly improved.
- Notification history has been implemented for persistent notifications.
- Various security improvements for the LXQt sudo authenticator module.
- MANY translation updates and other bugfixes.
Install Lubuntu 19.04
Lubuntu 19.04 Screenshots