Hello everyone, you can now download Synfig Studio for Ubuntu, before you do that, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a great day, I am currently busy planning out a new project I have to do for our company, Oxavi Group Inc. I am kind of excited about it but at the same time, it is a lot of work, mostly useless work but work none the less lol anyway, read on…
Today we take a good look at perhaps the best 2D Animation Software for Linux. Seriously. I present to you, Synfig Studio.
Table of Contents
Install Synfig Studio on Ubuntu
What is Synfig Studio?
Synfig Studio is a free and open-source 2D animation software, designed as powerful industrial-strength solution for creating film-quality animation using a vector and bitmap artwork. It eliminates the need to create animation frame-by frame, allowing you to produce 2D animation of a higher quality with fewer people and resources. Synfig Studio is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS X.” – That is from the official web site, to summarize it in one sentence — Synfig Studio 1.0 is Ubuntu App that allows you to edit and make 2D Animations with a brilliant and redesigned user interface. Check below for videos and screenshots.
Synfig Studio Features:
- Completely reworked UI The user interface was completely reworked for a more intuitive and user-friendly experience. Enjoy the Single-Window mode, powered by the modern GTK3 libraries!
- Bones Use the full-featured bone system to create cutout animation using bitmap images or control your vector artwork.
- Advanced image distortion Apply complex deformations to your bitmap artwork using the new Skeleton Distortion layer.
- Cutout Tool Cut your bitmap images right in the Synfig! The new Cutout Tool provides the non-destructive editing, so you never have to worry about cutting a wrong part.
- Sound support The new Sound Layer provides basic features for syncing your animation with soundtrack. Linux users can get all benefits of full-featured audio editors through the JACK integration.
- Dynamics animations Enhance your animation with automatic friction effects using the new Dynamics converter.
- Bonus Features New SFG file format with the possibility to embed all linked media. Image painting engine with MyPaint brushes. Preliminary support for frame-by-frame animation.
Synfig Studio Screenshot