Download Discord for Ubuntu
Hello everyone, you can download Discord for Ubuntu, the popular cross-platform voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers on multiple platforms including iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS and of course Linux. I just found out about it last month and I kind of angry at myself, why didn’t know I know about this all this time!?
Today we will highlight Discord, a popular text chat and voice app designed specifically for gamers including those of us who love to play on SteamOS! Discord integrates easily and smoothly with any game you can think of and you can chat and text to your friends from allover the world instantly. It takes up minimum space and network bandwidth so you won’t even notice it slowing down your system or making you lag in your multiplayer games because well, it doesn’t require much. Let’s find out why almost 90 million people use this gaming chat app.
Table of Contents
Install Discord on Ubuntu
Download Discord for Linux – Direct link, it will start the download automatically.
Manually Install Discord via Terminal
sudo apt install snapd-xdg-open
sudo snap install discord
What Is Discord About?
Discord is a cross-platform voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. With the Linux app you can stay connected to all your Discord voice and text channels even while AFK. It is perfect for chatting with team members, seeing who is playing online, and catching up on text conversations you may have.
Discord App Features:
- Discord is always completely free to use with no gotchas. This means you can make as many servers as you want with no slot limitations.
- Encrypted server to client communication keeps your IP address safe. Stop getting lagged because you’re logged into Skype.
- Easily share images, videos, and links from your desktop or phone. Discord embeds most types of media directly in the chat.
- Designed for use while gaming, Discord has minimal impact on your CPU. Your game’s performance won’t be affected in the slightest.
- It takes just 10 seconds and doesn’t require any drivers or weird setting configuration. Discord can even run in the browser which is great for PUGs you invite to your voice channel or those stubborn friends of yours.
- Robust permissions and multiple channels, all within an easy-to-use UI, make Discord perfect for both small groups or large guilds.
- Discord allows you to add friends and individually message them outside of servers.
- Discord’s customizable overlay allows you to see who’s talking in the middle of the action. You can also adjust individual volume settings, change servers and channels, or even kick people all without leaving your game.