Download WPS Office for Ubuntu
Hello everyone, how are you all doing? Have any of you heard of WPS Office for Linux? Maybe you have heard about this awesome app on the other platforms like Windows? I personally use it all the time on my Android phone(Samsung M21s) and it does everything you would want in an Office application. In all honesty, sometimes I feel like it works too good to be free.
Today we will find out why you should go ahead and install WPS on your Ubuntu machines without a second thought. If you have tried other free Microsoft Office alternatives for Ubuntu including SoftMaker Office and LibreOffice, you will know that you have plenty of options but we urge you to go ahead and try WPS today. Finally after a couple of years, this is the first major upgrade to their software since 2016. The Chinese company behind WPS has won numerous awards and lucky for us, they are very committed to the Linux community and they don’t seem like they will abandon us anytime soon. Let’s find out what else makes WPS Office worth your time to install today.
Install WPS Office on Ubuntu
Option #1: Download WPS Office for Linux via Snap
What Is WPS Office About?
WPS Office is an office productivity suite which is able to process word file, produce wonderful slides, and analyze data as well. It is deeply compatible with all of the latest Microsoft Office file formats. It can easily open and read the documents created with Microsoft Office. WPS stands for Writer, Presentation & Spreadsheet.
WPS Office Features:
- Compatible with Fedora, CentOS, OpenSUSE, Ubuntu(of course), Linux Mint, Knoppix and more
- Supports both 32 and 64 bit systems
- Fully compatible with Microsoft Office
- Spell check now available in over 10 different languages
- Fully compatible with Microsoft Office (.DOC and .DOCX)
- Insert photos, tables and charts into documents
- Rich text, page and paragraph formatting features
- Collaborate with others using track changes and comments
- Open multiple documents in one window using Tabs
- Drag and Drop paragraph adjustment tool to easily change page formatting
- Fully compatible with Microsoft PowerPoint (.PPT)
- Insert photos, videos, custom animation and more
- Create graphs, charts and tables
- Open multiple presentations in one window using Tabs
- Fully compatible with Microsoft Exel (.XLS and .XLSX)
- Worksheets supports functions for finance, statistics, IT, engineering and more
- Insert photos, graphs, charts and tables
- Auto-fit cells to their contents
- Includes a 100 common functions and formulas
- Auto-contract condenses and summarizes cells with large volumes of content
WPS Office Screenshots
WPS Office Installation Video Tutorial
You can also try another alternative, OnlyOffice for Ubuntu.