Hello everyone, you can now download Lubuntu 20.04 LTS because it was officially released and it is now available for you to install right away. Lubuntu 20.04 has continued to gain popularity mainly because it uses an awesome light weight desktop environment making this official Ubuntu flavour a popular one especially among those of you with older laptops or desktops.
Today we will list the Lubuntu 20.04 download links which will feature both FTP links, direct download links and of course Bittorrent links for Lubuntu 20.04 LTS. Lets not waste too much time, have a quick look at Focal Fossa’s feature list, screenshots and then you can go ahead and download and install it.
Table of Contents
Lubuntu 20.04 LTS Features
Lubuntu 20.04 is the 18th release of Lubuntu, the fourth release of Lubuntu with LXQt as the default desktop environment, and the first Long Term Support release with LXQt. Lubuntu 20.04 LTS will be supported until April 2023.
You can find the following major applications and toolkits installed by default in this release:
- LXQt 0.14.1.
- Qt 5.12.8 LTS.
- Mozilla Firefox 75, which will receive updates from the Ubuntu Security Team throughout the support cycle of the release.
- The LibreOffice 6.4.2 suite.
- VLC 188.8.131.52, for viewing media and listening to music.
- Featherpad 0.12.1, for notes and code editing.
- Discover Software Center 5.18.4, for an easy, graphical way to install and update software.
- The powerful and fast email client Trojitá 0.7 to get you to inbox zero in no time.
- New this cycle: we have an update notifier application. Update Notifier was developed by Lubuntu Member Hans Möller. Update Notifier also lets you update your system from within the application itself.
- Lubuntu uses the Calamares system installer in place of the Ubiquity installer that other flavors use. 20.04 ships with Calamares 3.2.20.
You can find a variety of other applications installed which aim to enhance your experience while staying out of the way of your normal workflow.
Install Lubuntu 20.04 LTS
Lubuntu 20.04 LTS Screenshots