Download Ubuntu Mate 20.04 LTS
Hello everyone, you can now download Ubuntu MATE 20.04 LTS for free because it has been official released and you can start installing it right away. This one of the most promising stable releases in awhile so it’s definitely worth your time to try it.
Today we will list the Ubuntu MATE 20.04 download links which will feature both FTP links, direct download links and of course Bittorrent links for Ubuntu MATE 20.04 LTS. Lets not waste too much time, have a quick look at Focal Fossa’s feature list, screenshots and then you can go ahead and download and install it.
Ubuntu MATE 20.04 LTS Features
Ubuntu MATE 20.04 comes automatically shipped with MATE Desktop 1.24
- Upgrade, Downgrade, & Reinstall firmware on devices supported by Linux Vendor Firmware Service (LVFS).
- Unlock locked fwupd devices.
- Verify firmware on supported devices.
- Display all releases for a fwupd device.
The key-bindings for window tiling have only worked on full keyboards :keyboard: with a 10-key pad. Few laptops :computer: have a 10-key pad and not all keyboards have a 10-key either. There are some well known key-bindings from other platforms that were not recognized in Ubuntu MATE. So, we’ve had a think :think: and have come up with this:
- Maximise Window: Super + Up
- Restore Window: Super + Down
- Title Window right: Super + Right
- Title Window left: Super + Left
- Center Window: Alt + Super + c
- Title Window to upper right corner: Alt + Super + Right
- Title Window to upper left corner: Alt + Super + Left
- Title Window to lower right corner: Shift + Alt + Super + Right
- Title Window to lower left Corner: Shift + Alt + Super + Left
- Shade Window: Control + Alt + s
- Brisk Menu is under the Solus GitHub organisation, but it’s been a couple of years since it had a new release. The Solus Project gave me administrative access :trident: to the Brisk Menu repo and I’ve made a new release. Thanks to the efforts of a couple of Ubuntu MATE contributors, several bug :bug: fixes have landed too, which includes resolving frequent crashers :bomb: in Brisk Menu, preventing a scrollbar always appearing in the category column of the menu, silencing sounds firing as you rollover menu entries and adding keyboard :keyboard: navigation.
- MATE Panel has had a long-standing bug fixed that caused it to crash :boom: when the panel was reset or replaced. This was most noticeable when switching panel layouts via MATE Tweak and could result in the panel layout being left incomplete or entirely absent. This bug is now fixed! MATE Tweak has been updated to neatly integrate with with fixed MATE Panel behaviour so that layout switching is now 100% reliable.
What has changed since the Ubuntu MATE 18.04 LTS?
Since Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Ubuntu MATE has added the follow changes:
- Added multiple coloured theme variations :art: as one-click installs for those of you who simply don’t like Chelsea Cucumber :cucumber:
- Added experimental ZFS :file_folder: install option.
- Added GameMode :video_game: from Feral Interactive.
- Fixed several crashers :bomb: in Brisk Menu and added keyboard :keyboard: navigation.
- Fixed panel layout switching :hammer_and_wrench: which is now stable and reliable via MATE Tweak Tweak and Ubuntu MATE Welcome.
- Fixed rendering window controls on HiDPI :mag: displays.
- Fixed irregular icon sizes :straight_ruler: in MATE Control Center and made them render nicely on HiDPI displays.
- Fixed unresponsive Caja :file_folder: extensions.
- Fixed mate-power-manager :electric_plug: to use upower-glib get_devices2().
- Fixed unresponsive Pluma :notebook: plugins.
- Fixed a crasher :bomb: in MATE Dock Applet due to an Attribute error in adjust_minimise_pos().
- Fixed auto-start errors in mate-session-manager.
- Fixed saving/restoring custom panel layouts via MATE Tweak.
- Gave Ubuntu MATE Welcome a fresh coat of :paintbrush:.
- Updated the Ubuntu MATE Guide :question:
- Updated the Ubiquity Slideshow :performing_arts:
Install Ubuntu MATE 20.04 LTS
Ubuntu MATE 20.04 LTS Screenshots
Ubuntu MATE 20.04 LTS Video
Check out our facebook and our twitter @ubuntufree for more Ubuntu apps, games and news.
Cool Linux distros based on Ubuntu: Pop!_OS 20.04, Ubuntu Kylin 20.04, Ubuntu Budgie 20.04, Ubuntu Studio 20.04, Lubuntu 20.04, Kubuntu 20.04, Xubuntu 20.04.