Hello everyone, you can download Beekeeper Studio for Ubuntu and Linux and experience using a gui enabled SQL and database editor that even comes with autocompletion and debugging tools.
Today we will highlight some reasons why we think you should go ahead and give this under the radar app a try on your Ubuntu/Linux operating systems.I just installed it less than 30 minutes ago and so far, I like it, the UI and UX is great and it really reminds me of some of the best code editors that we have. Like I said, Beekeeper Studio comes with a GUI so it is easy to use. I’ve been able to connect to my database and run some queries without any problems. I’m still learning all the features, but I’m impressed so far. I am a big fan of GUi enabled apps because they simply cut the time in half in regards to finding out how to do what right away, yes, I know a lot of you love the command-line method and I have no problem with that, I still use the command-line every single day depending on what I am doing but I still believe we need way more apps that have GUI as an option at the very least. Anyway, that’s a story for another day. Beekeeper Studio 2.0 is a very nice piece of software that comes with color schemes and syntax highlighting make it visually appealing and easier to spot errors. Additionally, the built-in documentation and support features are a boon for those who might get stuck or need clarification on certain functionalities. The integration capabilities are also impressive, allowing users to connect with various databases seamlessly. If you want a tool to edit your MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL and even SQL Server, this app is worth your time to try.
Let us know in the comments what you think about this app if you decide to try it, don’t be shy!
Table of Contents
Install Beekeeper Studio on Ubuntu
Manually Install Beekeeper Studio on Ubuntu
# Install our GPG key
wget --quiet -O - https://deb.beekeeperstudio.io/beekeeper.key | sudo apt-key add -
# add our repo to your apt lists directory
echo "deb https://deb.beekeeperstudio.io stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/beekeeper-studio-app.list
# Update apt and install
sudo apt update
sudo apt install beekeeper-studio
What is Beekeeper Studio about?
Beekeeper Studio is a modern and easy-to-use SQL GUI and database manager available for MacOS, Windows, and Linux. It is a powerful tool for working with databases, with features like a built-in SQL editor, data browser, table creator and editor, data visualization tools, and online sync and collaboration. Beekeeper Studio supports multiple databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and SQL Server. It is also free and open source, so anyone can use it.
Beekeeper Studio Features:
- SQL Editor: The SQL editor in Beekeeper Studio is a powerful tool for writing and executing SQL queries. It features syntax highlighting, auto-completion, code snippets, and keyboard shortcuts. It also supports multi-tabbed editing, so you can work on multiple queries at the same time.
- Data Browser: The data browser in Beekeeper Studio is a spreadsheet-like interface for viewing and editing data. It allows you to easily search, sort, and filter data, and it also supports inline editing.
- Table Creator & Editor: The table creator and editor in Beekeeper Studio makes it easy to create and manage tables. You can easily create new tables, edit existing tables, and add or remove columns.
- Data Visualization: Beekeeper Studio supports a variety of data visualization tools, including charts, graphs, and tables. This makes it easy to visualize your data and understand its relationships.
- Online Sync & Collaboration: Beekeeper Studio allows you to sync your work across multiple devices and collaborate with others on the same project. This makes it easy to work on projects with your team, even if you’re not in the same place.
Beekeeper Studio Screenshots
Beekeeper Studio Video
You might also like PowerShell for Ubuntu.