Download Ubuntu Studio 20.04 LTS
Hello everyone, you can now download Ubuntu Studio 20.04 LTS because it has now officially been released and it is available for you to install right away. Ubuntu Studio has always been on my radar and I always try to make sure I know what new developments the team responsible for this distro is up to, if you are into video editing, music editing or generally interested in multimedia development, this is the OS you should differently pay attention to.
Today we will list the Ubuntu Studio 20.04 download links which will feature both FTP links, direct download links and of course Bittorrent links for Ubuntu Studio 20.04 LTS. Lets not waste too much time, have a quick look at Focal Fossa’s feature list, screenshots and then you can go ahead and download and install it.
Table of Contents
Ubuntu Studio 20.04 LTS Features
Ubuntu Studio 20.04 LTS marks officially marks the 27th release of this unique and well loved and respected Ubuntu flavour. This release is a Long-Term Support release and as such, it is supported for 3 years (until April 2023).
Ubuntu Studio Controls Updated:
- Audio setup tab is split into three tabs: Jack Master Settings, Extra Devices, Pulse Bridging
- Firewire devices are no longer available under Ubuntu Studio Controls unless they work with ALSA.
- PulseAudio bridges can now be named by the user
- RaySession has been upgraded to version 0.8.3
- Audacity upgraded to version 2.3.3
- Hydrogen upgraded to 1.0.0-beta2
- Carla upgraded to 2.1
- Patchage has been dropped from the Ubuntu repositories due to the removal of Python2.
- We recommend Carla for those that rely on graphical patchbays such as Patchage for their workflows.
- gmidimonitor has been dropped from the Ubuntu repositories due to the removal of Python2.
- midisnoop is now included as a functional equivalent.
- MyPaint has returned to the default installation, version 2.0.0.
- Krita upgraded to version 4.2.9
- Blender upgraded to version 2.82
- Gimp upgraded to 2.10.18
- Rawtherapee upgraded to 5.8
- Darktable upgraded to 3.0.1
- DisplayCAL has been dropped from the Ubuntu repositories due to the removal of Python2.
- Scribus upgraded to 1.5.5
- Calibre upgraded to 4.99
- OBS Studio upgraded to 25.0.3
- KDEnlive upgraded to 19.12.3
- Libreoffice Impress now included by default
Install Ubuntu Studio 20.04 LTS
Uprade to Ubuntu Studio 20.04 LTS
Open a terminal and type the following:
Follow the instructions in the terminal.
Ubuntu Studio 20.04 LTS Screenshots