Hello everyone, you can download Jami for Ubuntu and Linux so that you can experience a newer and modern way to stay connected to your friends, partners, lovers, co-workers, teachers and whomever else you talk to.
Today we will highlight some reasons why we think you should go ahead and give Jami a try on your Linux operating system. I have just been using it or rather trying it for the past let’s say 2 weeks or so and I am starting to understand why it’s a growing app for Linux and other platforms, especially mobile devices. What impressed me most about this app was its emphasis on privacy and liberty, which allows users to communicate without relying on a central server, thereby guaranteeing(well somewhat, some government or authority can still get…nevermind) complete control over their data. It also has unlimited file sharing abilities, video calls, group conferencing and of course the normal texting/chatting that we love. This app can be a good backup for those of you who prefer WhatsApp, Telegram or even Microsoft Teams for your regular discussions. Anyway, I really recommend those of you looking for a secure and encrypted voice, video and file sharing app, Jami might be for you. With that said, I also recommend you check out what is known as Jami Plugins, these are plugins or add-ons, much like a Chrome Extension if you will, it allows you to enhance your experience with Jami and I recommend starting with these two plugins: Green Screen plugin and the Watermark plugin, what they do is sort of self explanatory right? Let us know in the comments if you decide to try this app and what you thought of it.
Table of Contents
Install Jami on Ubuntu
What is Jami about?
Jami is a social chatting app that works on your Ubuntu/Linux devices. It is also a free software for Universal Communication that attempts to respect the freedom and privacy of its users.
Jami is also an end-to-end encrypted secure and distributed voice, video, and chat communication platform. Jami requires no central server for these communications and leaves the power of privacy and freedom in the hands of users.
- Synchronized and enriched one-to-one conversations
- Group conversations (Beta)
- Audio/video calls and conferences
- Screen sharing in video calls and conferences
- Unlimited peer-to-peer file sharing
- Recording and sending audio/video messages
- Jami plugins SDK for additional functionality (green screen, watermark, audio filters, and more)
- Use Jami as your SIP phone with a variety of media codecs and VoIP providers
- Interoperable and cross-platform communication framework with client applications for GNU/Linux, Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Android TV.