Download Gimp for Ubuntu
Hello everyone, you can download Gimp for Ubuntu, before I go on about that, I had a crazy and fun weekend with my fiance this week, we went to some pet store that was selling a 1.5 million USD bird, I can’t remember the name of the bird, but it was a pretty big sized bird. Bigger than an adult parrot I was shocked at the price! I have photos, if anyone is interested just leave a comment. Anyway, please read on…
Today we will highlight one of the best Photoshop alternatives on any OS. I introduce you to GIMP, many of you have heard of it and equally many of you probably haven’t until today. GIMP is a free and open-source graphics editor available for MacOS, Windows and of course Linux. It is one of the best Photoshop-like apps out there, plus if you really want to have the Photoshop look on your Ubuntu OS, you can easily do that with plenty of themes to transform your GIMP into looking exactly like the classic Photoshop look. Let’s find out what makes GIMP a must download for anyone who wants to edit photos, banners and make graphics on the Linux system. By the way it’s free.
Table of Contents
Install GIMP on Ubuntu
What Is GIMP For Linux?
GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc.
GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.
A small list of some of the features for GIMP.
- Full suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing
- Tile based memory management so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Virtually unlimited number of images open at one time
- Advanced Manipulation
- Full alpha channel support
- Layers and channels
- A Procedural Database for calling internal GIMP functions from external programs as in Script-fu
- Advanced scripting capabilities (Scheme, Python, Perl)
- Load and save animations in a convenient frame-as-layer format
- MNG support
- File Handling
- File formats supported include bmp, gif, jpeg, mng, pcx, pdf, png, ps, psd, svg, tiff, tga, xpm, and many others
- Load, display, convert, save to many file formats
Quick Links: Best Software for Ubuntu