Download Ubuntu Kylin 18.04 LTS
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? We finally have Ubuntu Kylin 18.04 LTS released and available for download! Starting from today forward, we here at UbuntuFree.com will be adding more posts, downloads and tutorials for Ubuntu Kylin. We plan to support even more of the official flavors in the coming weeks so be on the lookout for that.
Today we will list the Ubuntu Kylin 18.04 download links which will feature both FTP links, direct download links and of course Bittorrent links for Ubuntu Kylin 18.04 LTS. Lets not waste too much time, have a quick look at Bionic beaver’s feature list, screenshots and then you can go ahead and download and install it.
Table of Contents
Ubuntu Kylin 18.04 LTS Features
Ubuntu Kylin 18.04 LTS upgrades the components of desktop environment and some new features and resolves some issues, in order to provide a cozier and easier user experience, including:
Improvements on the Linux Kernel 4.15
- CPU controller for the cgroup v2 interface
- AMD secure memory encryption support
- The latest MD driver with software RAID enhancements
- Improved power management for systems with SATA Link Power Management
- Linux security module stacking support
- Support for signing of POWER host and NV kernels
- Backport improved support for IBM and Intel hardware from Linux 4.16
- Mitigations are in place to protect against Spectre and Meltdown.
Improvements on the start menu:
- Python 2 is no longer installed by default. Python 3 has been installed.
- Start menu provides two menu types and allows switching between Normal Menu & Category Menu.
- Start menu offers the Recent app number option in File History.
- Start menu allows users to edit the Category Menu.
- Menu Property has been added to Start menu.
Kylin Assistant, a system management and configuration tool developed for Linux users, could show system information, cleanup system garbage and beautify system. It makes your desktop more smooth, more user-friendly and enriched with personality. In this release, it has been updated to 3.0.0.
- Qt 4 is no longer installed by default. Qt 5 has been installed. Python 2 is no longer installed by default. Python 3 has been installed.
- Kylin System Monitor has been added to Kylin Assistant, for managing the processes, monitoring the resources and checking the file systems.
- Kylin Assistant supports a multi-threading scan in Cleanup.
- Kylin Assistant displays shadowing.
- Resolve some known issues.
Install Ubuntu Kylin 18.04 LTS
Ubuntu Kylin 18.04 LTS Screenshots