Top 5 Strategy Games For Ubuntu 18.04 and 16.04
Hello everybody, how is your Friday morning so far? I am having a great Friday even though I have a stomach ache that won’t go away smh, but besides that, everything is going great. I am going out for a few drinks later but before I do that, I decided to share with you all some of the best games to play on your Linux, read on…
Today we take a look at the best RPG games, strategy games ever released for Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 18.10 and Ubuntu 16.04. The only thing that I have to remind you is that all of these games will require you to install STEAM which will enable you to download the mentioned games, trust me it’s worth it, just try it before you knock it!
Does Ubuntu Have Fun Strategy Games?
The answer is yes, you might not believe me but again, please remember we are in the year 2018! During the past 10 years we have had a ton of new game developers work on Linux/Ubuntu compatible games. Things have changed now thanks to Valve’s Steam! We can now play some of the most popular and new games on our Ubuntu Os without any trouble, look at my list of the best strategy games below, download the game and enjoy them.
Cities: Skylines is quiet possibly the best overall game for 2015 on PC/Linux, yeah I said it! I have been tracking this game for the past year or so and once it was released I had to download it and I am not disappointed at all. If you were looking for a SimCity 4 or SimCity 2013 altertative for Linux, this game is for you, it is a much better game than the recent Simcity 2013. Here is the official description of the game: “Cities: Skylines is a modern take on the classic city simulation. The game introduces new game play elements to realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining a real city whilst expanding on some well-established tropes of the city building experience.
From the makers of the Cities in Motion franchise, the game boasts a fully realized transport system. It also includes the ability to mod the game to suit your play style as a fine counter balance to the layered and challenging simulation. You’re only limited by your imagination, so take control and reach for the sky!”
Cities Skylines Gameplay Screenshot
Mount & Blade: Warband is a game I only started playing this game last week and it’s addicting. Right now I am in the process of trying to marry the daughter of my nations rival in order to bring peace to the land. Pretty cool feature right? Here is the official description of the game: “In a land torn asunder by incessant warfare, it is time to assemble your own band of hardened warriors and enter the fray. Lead your men into battle, expand your realm, and claim the ultimate prize: the throne of Calradia!
Mount & Blade: Warband is the eagerly anticipated stand alone expansion pack for the game that brought medieval battlefields to life with its realistic mounted combat and detailed fighting system.
- Graphical overhaul: Support added for HDR, FSAA, depth of field, soft particles, tone mapping, and many other effects
- New models with greater detail and high-quality textures
- Multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Multiplayer modes include Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Conquest, Battle, and Siege
- A campaign allowing you to become the ruler of a faction and convince lords to become your vassals
- The ability to upgrade your companions to vassals by granting them lands
- The ability to marry a lady of the realm for romance or cold political gain. Try to win a lady’s heart through poetry or bravery”
Mount & Blade: Warband Gameplay Screenshot
Return to the remote island nation of Tropico in the next installment of the critically acclaimed and hugely popular ‘dictator sim’ series. Expand your Dynasty’s reign from the early colonial period to beyond the 21st Century, facing an all-new set of challenges, including advanced trading mechanics, technology and scientific research, exploration and for the first time in Tropico history – cooperative and competitive MULTIPLAYER for up to 4 players.
- Start your reign during colonial times, survive the World Wars and the Great Depression, be a dictator during the Cold War, and advance your country to modern times and beyond. From the 19th century to the 21st, each era carries its own challenges and opportunities.
- Each member of El Presidente’s extended family is present on the island and may be appointed as a ruler, a manager, an ambassador or a general. Invest in the members of your Dynasty to unlock new traits and turn them into your most valuable assets.
- Advance your nation by discovering new buildings, technologies and resources. Renovate your old buildings to more efficient modern buildings.
Tropico 5 Gameplay Screenshot
Age of Wonders III is the long anticipated sequel to the award-winning strategy series. Delivering a unique mix of Empire Building, Role Playing and Warfare, Age of Wonders III offers the ultimate in turn-based fantasy strategy for veterans of the series and new players alike!
- Rule as one of 6 RPG style leader classes: Sorcerer, Theocrat, Rogue, Warlord, Archdruid, or the tech-focused Dreadnought.
- Research powerful skills unique to your class to develop your empire and arsenal.
- Choose your allies from among the six main races – Humans, High Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Goblins and Draconians – and fantastical monster dwellings.
- Explore a rich fantasy world that is more detailed and alive than ever with over 50 location types to raid for treasure.
- Expand your domain by building new settlements, forge pacts with monstrous allies and capture valuable resources.
- Wield earth shattering magic and terra-form the lands for your needs.
Age of Wonders 3 Gameplay Screenshot
In Dungeons 2, fulfil the Dungeon Lord’s insatiable quest for vengeance by recruiting fearsome new monsters from all corners of the underworld in order to undertake his evil bidding. Taking over the underworld isn’t enough though – this time The Dungeon Lord will extend his dominion over the puny humans and attempt to conquer the overworld too!
Take control of the mighty Dungeon Lord and craft a network of unique and terrifying dungeons, recruit an army of fearsome creatures and command two new factions. Prepare to defend your Kingdom against those pesky heroes, go above ground to wage war on their human cities and use the ‘Hand of Terror’ to take direct control over your minions, issue commands, and even dish out a swift slap to keep them in line.
- Featuring a thrilling single player campaign with 2 playable factions, 26 unique creatures, multiple types of heroes and game modes, Dungeons 2 is the Dungeon Manager simulation game, you’ve been waiting for
- Dungeons 2 offers unique gameplay: In the underworld, Dungeon manager simulation, and in the overworld, tactical real-time strategy
- Thanks to the ‘Hand of Terror’ you can always keep control of your subordinates and give targeted commands
- Leave the darkness of the underworld, and venture to the overworld and leave the beautiful cities of the humans in ruins
Dungeons 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Today’s Popular Linux Article: Top 5 Action Games For Ubuntu