Download Project Zomboid Game
Hello everyone, you can download Project Zomboid for Ubuntu and Linux to experience a somewhat unique survival game with an element of RPG as you try to survive swarming zombies.
Today we will highlight reasons why we think you should definitely try this game on your Linux OS. I just found this game randomly as I browsed Steam yesterday and I when I landed on this game, I saw it has “very positive reviews” so I decided to see what the fuss is about and yeah, I am glad I tried it, the game is fun and addicting at the same time. Project Zomboid is a post-apocalyptic survival game where you play as a survivor in a world overrun by zombies. The game’s graphics are simple yet effective, and the sound design is excellent. What really sets this game apart is the sheer amount of depth and detail put into the survival mechanics. Everything from scavenging for supplies to building fortifications, you have to stay one step ahead and you’ll need to be constantly on the lookout for random zombies especially when its too quiet and peaceful. Again, from the screenshots below, you might be put off by the graphics but trust me, this game will lure you in with the gameplay by itself and the good thing is, the game is still technically under development despite that it launched sometime in 2013 so you will always notice new things when they update the game.
Unfortunately as most of you know by now, most good games are not free. The prices vary so by the time you are visiting the link, it might change. With that said, let us know in the comments below what you think about this game once you decide to try it.
Table of Contents
Install Project Zomboid on Ubuntu
What is Project Zomboid game about?
Project Zomboid is a game that works on your Linux and Ubuntu computers. Project Zomboid is a unique and open-ended game set in a zombie-infested sandbox. The game’s central question is simple yet daunting: how will you die? In the towns of Muldraugh and West Point, you’ll join other survivors in a quest for survival. You’ll have to loot abandoned houses, build defences, and fight to delay the inevitable death that awaits you. There’s no help coming, and you’ll need to rely on your cunning, luck, and ability to evade a relentless horde of zombies to survive another day.
- ONLINE MULTIPLAYER SURVIVAL Join other players in a persistent player-run server and fight for survival together.
- LOCAL 4 PLAYER SPLIT-SCREEN CO-OP Play with up to 3 other friends locally and try to survive the zombie apocalypse together.
- HUNDREDS OF ZOMBIES WITH SWARM MECHANICS Experience intense and terrifying gameplay with a swarm of zombies that have in-depth visual and hearing systems.
- FULL LINE OF SIGHT SYSTEM AND REAL-TIME LIGHTING, SOUND, AND VISIBILITY MECHANICS Hide in the shadows, keep quiet, and keep the lights off at night to avoid detection by zombies.
- VAST AND GROWING MAP FOR YOU TO EXPLORE Explore, loot, and set up your fortress in a vast and growing map that’s loosely based on a real-world location.
- VEHICLES WITH FULL PHYSICS AND REALISTIC GAMEPLAY MECHANICS Take control of vehicles and experience realistic gameplay mechanics as you navigate through the zombie-infested world.
- CRAFT WEAPONS, BARRICADES, AND MORE Use tools and items to craft weapons, barricade buildings, and cook food.
- DEAL WITH DEPRESSION, BOREDOM, AND ILLNESS Surviving the zombie apocalypse isn’t just about avoiding zombies. You’ll also need to deal with hunger, thirst, illness, depression, and boredom.
- DAY TURNS TO NIGHT Experience the changing of time as day turns to night and the electricity falters. Winter draws in and nature gradually starts to take over.
- FARMING, FISHING, CARPENTRY, AND COOKING Survival is about more than just avoiding zombies. You’ll need to learn skills like farming, fishing, carpentry, and cooking to survive.
- PROPER ZOMBIES THAT DON’T RUN Experience the thrill of traditional zombies that don’t run, unless you want them to in the sandbox menu.
- AMAZING ATMOSPHERIC MUSIC Immerse yourself in the game with atmospheric music tracks by the talented Zach Beever.
- CHALLENGE SCENARIOS AND LAST STAND MODE Test your skills with imaginative challenge scenarios and instant action “Last Stand” mode on top of regular sandbox and survival modes.
- LUA MODDING SUPPORT Take full control of the game with full, open, and powerful Lua modding support.
Project Zomboid Gameplay Screenshots
Project Zomboid Gameplay Video
Project Zomboid Linux Requirements
- OS: Ubuntu 20.04 or newer(64-bit only)
- Processor: i3 4th generation or better
- Memory: 8Gb RAM or greater
- Graphics: Dedicated graphics card with 2GB of VRAM minimum
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 20 GB available space or more
- Sound Card: Any