Download Thunderbird for Ubuntu
Hello everyone, you can download Thunderbird for Ubuntu and experience using an open-source email, newsfeed, chat, and calendar software that can rival some of your favorite email clients out there.
Today we will highlight some reasons why we think you should definitely give this Microsoft Outlook alternative a try on your Linux computers. I must say, I have been using Ubuntu since it’s beta days, that is way way back and most times, I never bothered to setup Thunderbird, infact, I found it annoying or rather intrusive because it felt like Ubuntu was trying to force me to use, much like how Microsoft used to sort of force you use Outlook by default. Well, a few years later, or maybe a decade later, I decided to give Thunderbird a try on my Ubuntu 22.04 machine and well, it worked much better than I thought and the setup process, which I originally dreaded was simple and straight forward, I had my emails coming in from my Gmail account(s) literally within a couple minutes. I didn’t bother to use any of the other functions of Thunderbird like the newsfeed or chat, I just wanted the email function and I assume a lot of you reading this are in the same boat? If not, it’s fine, you will discover that Thunderbird might be for you. Let us know in the comments what you think about if you decide to try it.
Install Thunderbird on Ubuntu
Download Thunderbird on Ubuntu
What is Thunderbird About?
Thunderbird is a free email app by Mozilla, the same people who brought you Firefox. Thunderbird offers a free, open-source solution for managing your email, newsfeeds, chats, and calendars, making it super easy to set up and customize. At the heart of Thunderbird’s beliefs lies a strong commitment to embracing and promoting open standards, setting it apart from the countless closed platforms and services that don’t play well with others.
- Cross-platform compatibility: Thunderbird is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux, making it accessible to a wide range of users across different operating systems.
- Extensive customization: Thunderbird supports add-ons and themes, allowing users to personalize their experience and extend the functionality of the email client according to their preferences and requirements.
- Security and privacy: Thunderbird offers built-in security features such as phishing protection, spam filtering, and support for email encryption (using OpenPGP), ensuring that users can communicate securely and maintain their privacy.
- Integrated calendar and tasks: Thunderbird includes the Lightning calendar extension, which provides a fully-featured calendar and task manager, allowing users to schedule events, create tasks, and manage their time efficiently within the email client.
- Advanced search and filtering: Thunderbird’s powerful search capabilities, along with its message filters and virtual folders, make it easy for users to find and organize their emails, ensuring they can locate important messages quickly and efficiently.