Hello everyone, you can download Terminator for Ubuntu, before you do that, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a great day so far. I can’t believe it’s Thursday already, this week sort of went too fast right? But I am not complaining, tomorrow is Friday and Friday couldn’t come soon enough! I need to relax after this stressful week. Anyway, read on…
Today we will highlight one of the best terminal emulators in the world of Linux. That’s a pretty direct statement is it not? But I have some evidence to back it up, lets begin.
Table of Contents
Install Terminator on Ubuntu
What Is Terminator?
Terminator allows you to have multiple terminals in one window, a feature that is awesome once you actually try it.
The goal of this project is to produce a useful tool for arranging terminals. It is inspired by programs such as gnome-multi-term, quadkonsole, etc. in that the main focus is arranging terminals in grids (tabs is the most common default method, which Terminator also supports).
Terminator is terminal emulator which includes numerous useful features such as multiple terminals in the same window (split view), notifications, supports saving and restoring custom layouts and much more.
- Tiling layout: Terminator allows you to tile multiple terminals on a single screen, either horizontally or vertically. This can be useful for organizing your work or for running multiple commands at the same time.
- Multiple tabs: Terminator supports multiple tabs, so you can open multiple terminals in a single window. This can be helpful for keeping track of different tasks or for switching between different environments.
- Drag and drop: You can drag and drop terminal panels to rearrange them as you like. This gives you a lot of flexibility in how you organize your workspace.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Terminator has a comprehensive set of keyboard shortcuts, which can be used to perform a variety of tasks quickly and easily.
- Plugins: Terminator can be extended with plugins, which add new features and functionality. This makes Terminator a very versatile terminal emulator.