Download Visual Studio Code for Ubuntu
Hello everyone, you can download Visual Studio Code for Ubuntu and experience one of the best code editors available on the planet. I say that with confidence because as we type this, Visual Studio Code is my current personal favorite source editor.
Today we will highlight Visual Studio Code, a popular code editor by Microsoft that is now available for multiple operating systems, not just Windows. With that said, thanks to the collaboration between Microsoft and Snap(Canonical Ltd) you can now instantly install VS Code on your Ubuntu or Linux computers. I have been using VS Code for the past 3 years mostly on Windows but I am glad they finally decided to make a version for Ubuntu. Visual Studio Code runs perfect, it is a good compact size and you basically get all the features the Windows version has. If you are looking for a stable and complete source code editor, I highly recommend you try VS Code, let us know in the comments below what you think about it once you decide to try it.
Install Visual Studio Code on Linux
Download Visual Studio Code for Ubuntu (Snap)
What Is Visual Studio Code About?
Blending the simplicity of a source code editor with robust developer tools such as IntelliSense code completion and debugging, Visual Studio Code is designed to streamline your workflow. It prioritizes an unobtrusive editing experience, allowing you to focus on your ideas rather than your environment.
At its core, Visual Studio Code boasts an ultra-fast source code editor, ideal for daily use. With support for hundreds of languages, VS Code enhances productivity through syntax highlighting, bracket matching, auto-indentation, box selection, snippets, and more. Intuitive keyboard shortcuts, simple customization, and community-contributed shortcut mappings enable seamless code navigation.
For more advanced coding, Visual Studio Code offers built-in IntelliSense code completion, in-depth semantic code understanding and navigation, and code refactoring capabilities, providing a comprehensive toolset that goes beyond basic text editing.
Visual Studio Code Features:
- IntelliSense Code Completion: Visual Studio Code offers an intelligent code completion feature called IntelliSense, which provides context-aware suggestions for code completion, speeding up development and reducing potential errors.
- Built-in Debugging: VS Code comes with a powerful built-in debugger, allowing developers to easily set breakpoints, step through code, and inspect variables within their applications, making the process of finding and fixing bugs more efficient.
- Integrated Terminal: Visual Studio Code features an integrated terminal, which allows developers to run command-line tools and tasks directly within the editor, streamlining the development process.
- Extensibility: VS Code has a rich ecosystem of extensions that can be used to add support for various languages, frameworks, and tools, enabling developers to customize their environment and enhance their productivity.
- Version Control Integration: Visual Studio Code has built-in support for Git and other version control systems, allowing developers to manage their code repositories, commit changes, and view diffs directly within the editor. This integration simplifies the process of collaborating on code and tracking changes over time.
Visual Studio Code Screenshot