Download RimWorld Game
Hello everyone, you can download RimWorld on Ubuntu and a big thanks to the developers and publishers, Ludeon Studios for making sure to release this game on the SteamOS(Linux platform). This game was highly anticipated and for many good reasons, we will cover some of the reasons in this short article.
Today we highlight some reasons why you should give RimWorld on your Linux OS via Steam/Steam Play. This is actually RimWorld 1.0, RimWorld itself has been around for a few years but this officially on October 17th 2018, version 1.0 of RimWorld was released to the world. The game currently has ‘Overwhelmingly Positive’ reviews and the game looks like it might be one of the best games to be released in 2018. It is currently also already one of the top 10 most played games right now on Steam. RimWorld is a 2D strategic, survival and base building game that will have you playing it for many hours. I have been playing this game for the past couple of days and I personally love it so far, I am averaging about 4 hours a week on this game which is a lot for me as right now I mostly gaming on my PS4 rather than my PC. Let’s find out what else makes this game worth your time.
- You can now download RimWorld Biotech for Linux
Install RimWorld on Ubuntu
What Is RimWorld About?
RimWorld is a sci-fi colony sim driven by an intelligent AI storyteller. Inspired by Dwarf Fortress, Firefly, and Dune. RimWorld is a story generator. It’s designed to co-author tragic, twisted, and triumphant stories about imprisoned pirates, desperate colonists, starvation and survival. It works by controlling the “random” events that the world throws at you. Every thunderstorm, pirate raid, and traveling salesman is a card dealt into your story by the AI Storyteller. There are several storytellers to choose from. Randy Random does crazy stuff, Cassandra Classic goes for rising tension, and Phoebe Chillax likes to relax.
Your colonists are not professional settlers:
- They are crash-landed survivors from a passenger liner destroyed in orbit. You can end up with a nobleman, an accountant, and a housewife. You’ll acquire more colonists by capturing them in combat and turning them to your side, buying them from slave traders, or taking in refugees. So your colony will always be a motley crew.
Each person’s background is tracked and affects how they play:
- A nobleman will be great at social skills (recruiting prisoners, negotiating trade prices), but refuse to do physical work. A farm oaf knows how to grow food by long experience, but cannot do research. A nerdy scientist is great at research, but cannot do social tasks at all. A genetically engineered assassin can do nothing but kill – but he does that very well.
Colonists develop – and destroy relationships:
- Each has an opinion of the others, which determines whether they’ll become lovers, marry, cheat, or fight. Perhaps your two best colonists are happily married – until one of them falls for the dashing surgeon who saved her from a gunshot wound.
The game generates a whole planet from the pole to equator:
- You choose whether to land your crash pods in a cold northern tundra, a parched desert flat, a temperate forest, or a steaming equatorial jungle. Different areas have different animals, plants, diseases, temperatures, rainfall, mineral resources, and terrain. These challenges of surviving in a disease-infested, choking jungle are very different from those in a parched desert wasteland or a frozen tundra with a two-month growing season.
RimWorld Game Features:
- Manage colonists’ moods, needs, wounds, illnesses and addictions.
- Build in the forest, desert, jungle, tundra, and more.
- Watch colonists develop and break relationships with family members, lovers, and spouses.
- Replace wounded limbs and organs with prosthesis, bionics, or biological parts harvested from others.
- Fight pirates, tribes, mad animals, giant insects and ancient killing machines.
- Craft structures, weapons, and apparel from metal, wood, stone, cloth, and futuristic materials.
- Tame and train cute pets, productive farm animals, and deadly attack beasts.
- Trade with passing ships and caravans.
- Form caravans complete quests, trade, attack other factions, or migrate your whole colony.
- Dig through snow, weather storms, and fight fires.
- Capture refugees or prisoners and turn them to your side or sell them into slavery.
- Discover a new generated world each time you play.
- Explore hundreds of wild and interesting mods on the Steam Workshop.
- Learn to play easily with the help of an intelligent and unobtrusive AI tutor.
RimWorld Gameplay Screenshots