Hello everyone, you can download Geary for Ubuntu, before you do that, how are you all doing? I hope you are all having a great week so far, if not, don’t worry, life, unfortunately is about ups and downs, if you are down now, soon you will rise up again. Please stay strong and don’t give up in whatever you are doing right now or whatever you are going through. Anyway, please read on…
Today we will highlight an awesome app that has been around in the Linux community for awhile now. It is sort of known, not that well known but it deserves much more credit than it receives. I am talking about Geary, the premium email client for Ubuntu and Linux. It is 100% free and packs a lot of features that make it even better than Thunderbird, possibly. Let’s find out just how good Geary is.
Table of Contents
Install Geary on Ubuntu
What Is Geary For Ubuntu?
Geary Mail is a free open source desktop email client developed by the Gnome project. The default mail client for Elementary OS, Pantheon Mail, is a fork of Geary. If you are looking for an alternative to thunderbird, then give Geary Mail a try. This tutorial is going to show you how to install Geary on Ubuntu 20.04 and Ubuntu 20.10.
Geary Mail features:
- Modern and straightforward interface
- Quick account setup
- Supports Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook.com, and popular IMAP servers (Dovecot, Cyrus, Zimbra, etc.)
- Conversation view
- Ability to answer directly in conversations or open it in a separate window
- Email Signature(s)
- Support for sending as another identity
- Full-featured HTML mail composer
- Fast keyword search with values like from:john, is:read, is:unread and is:starred
- Desktop notification of new mails
Geary E-mail Client Screenshots