Download Bitwarden for Ubuntu
Hello everyone, you can download Bitwarden for Ubuntu, especially if you need a dependable password management app for Linux. Bitwarden might be your answer. This highly respected software is officially available for anyone to download on Windows, MacOS and of course our beautiful Linux OS. Below we will show you why you should consider trying this app before others.
Today we will highlight Bitwarden, a popular open-source password management app with native support for most Linux OS. I have personally been using Bitwarden for the past 3-4 months and so far, I can’t complain. Most of us working here at Oxavi Group Inc use at as a team and we love, it’s secure and we have it and mostly use it via our phones, it works on both iPhones and Android devices by the way! Below we will give you some reasons on why you should download Bitwarden including statements from the official company behind this app, 8bit Solutions LLC.
Install Bitwarden on Ubuntu
Download Bitwarden for Ubuntu via Official Website
Download Bitwarden for Ubuntu via GitHub
Download Bitwarden for Ubuntu with Snap App
What Is Bitwarden About?
Bitwarden is the easiest and safest way to store all of your logins and passwords while conveniently keeping them synced between all of your devices.
- Password theft is a serious problem. The websites and apps that you use are under attack every day. Security breaches occur and your passwords are stolen. When you reuse the same passwords across apps and websites hackers can easily access your email, bank, and other important accounts.
- Security experts recommend that you use a different, randomly generated password for every account that you create. But how do you manage all those passwords? Bitwarden makes it easy for you to create, store, and access your passwords.
Bitwarden stores all of your logins in an encrypted vault that syncs across all of your devices. Since it’s fully encrypted before it ever leaves your device, only you have access to your data. Not even the team at Bitwarden can read your data, even if we wanted to. Your data is sealed with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256. Bitwarden is 100% open source software. The source code for Bitwarden is hosted on GitHub and everyone is free to review, audit, and contribute to the Bitwarden codebase.
Frequently asked questions & answers
- Is Bitwarden safe? – Yes. it is used by hundreds of thousands of people, if they abused or did something illegal, they would be out of business. Especially in the era of social media like we have today.
- Why should I trust Bitwarden with my passwords? – They do not store your passwords. They store encrypted versions of your passwords that only you can unlock. Your sensitive information is all encrypted locally on your personal device before ever being sent to their cloud servers.
- Can the Bitwarden team see my passwords? – No. Since your data is fully encrypted and/or hashed before ever leaving your local device, no one from the Bitwarden team can ever see, read, or reverse engineer to get to your real data. Bitwarden servers only store encrypted and hashed data.
Manual Install Bitwarden On Ubuntu
Type this command in your terminal to start the installation: sudo snap install bitwarden
Type this command after the installation is complete: bitwarden
Quick Links: Android Studio for Ubuntu