Download qBittorrent For Ubuntu
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all doing fine! I am doing fine except that for some reason, I smell like medicine, it’s probably from all these antibiotics that I am currently taking, smh, anyway read on…
Today we will focus on a pretty cool Bittorrent client that in our honest opinion, can rival the popular uTorrent app that most of you are probably using right now.
Let me cut to chase and explain to you why I think qBittorrent is better than uTorrent. Ever since uTorrent was bought by BitTorrent Inc, things changed. With the ownership change, it means the security we once enjoyed while using uTorrent is now gone. BitTorrent Inc owners have ties to MPAA, US Government etc etc, lets just say your information might not be so anonymous if use uTorrent.
What Is qBittorrent (Features)
qBittorrent is a BitTorrent client that aims to provide a free software alternative to μTorrent, available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and FreeBSD.
The application comes with an integrated search engine, web interface, sequential download support, bandwidth scheduler, advanced RSS support with download filters, torrent creation tool, IP filtering and other useful features.
Changes brought in qBittorrent
- qBittorrent can now be built using Qt5;
- WebUI code rewritten, refactored and improved;
- support per tracker re-announce (needs libtorrent 1.0);
- episode filtering for RSS;
- support saving in network locations;
- highlight files when opening containing folder on Windows and Linux (Nautilus, Dolphin and Konqueror);
- added option to hibernate computer in Auto-Shutdown menu;
- cache preferences in memory. This minimizes the chance of settings corruption;
- added option to disable connections not supported by proxies;
- added a save resume data interval option(useful for SSD);
- Added new columns: “Last Seen Complete”, “Last Activity” and “Total Size”;
- added setting to ignore RSS rule matches for X days;
- show the reason why a peer was blocked (needs libtorrent 1.0);
- allow to set text options for the toolbar icons;
- `Add New Torrent` dialog has a button for quickly choosing a location;
- implemented tracker list in the side panel;
- implemented a ‘Completed’ status;
- columns for session-based download and upload statistics;
- code optimizations resulting in a more CPU efficient and snappier qBittorrent.
Quick Links: Download Keep Awake App | Download uGet | Download Synfig Studio | Download Ubuntu 15.04 Flavors | | Download Ubuntu 15.04 wallpaper | Top 5 Microsoft Office Alternatives On Ubuntu| | Download Free Ubuntu eBooks | Cute Girl Wallpapers For Ubuntu | Black Wallpapers For Ubuntu | Turn On Automatic Security Updates For Ubuntu Servers
Today’s Popular Linux Article: ChillHub Refrigerator: A Smart Fridge That Runs Ubuntu