Download Chromium for Ubuntu
Hello everyone, you can download Chromium for Ubuntu and experience one of the best web browsers for Linux, period. I have personally been a fan of Chromium since I first tried it some 4 years ago on my Ubuntu laptop. This is one Google’s best projects ever, it is open source while Google makes sure Chromium lasts as they provide the funding etc. The cool thing about Chromium for Ubuntu is that it is now available to download as a SNAP app! So you literally just need one click and it’s installed, the links are below.
Today we will highlight some reasons why you should try the Chromium web browser on your Ubuntu desktop or laptop. Like I mentioned, Chromium is free and open source so you get the bonus of getting updates from the large community and the perks of getting security fixes and new features by Google employees themselves. It is basically like Chrome for Ubuntu but it is more community driven so some features will of course be different. In my option, I have also experienced Chromium to be less feature rich but at the same time, it runs smoother on my older Linux machines that I use for testing different stuff. Let me know in the comments what you think. Chromium or Chrome?(I mostly use Chrome in 99% of my devices).
Table of Contents
Install Chromium on Ubuntu
What Is Chromium?
Chromium is an open-source browser project that aims to build a safer, faster, and more stable way for all Internet users to experience the web. Google is the primary backer of Chromium, it kicked off the project when it launched Chrome in September 2008 but because the code is open-source, others, including people not employed by Google, contribute to the Chromium project.
- Speed: Chromium is designed to be fast and efficient, providing a quick and smooth browsing experience.
- Open-source: Chromium is an open-source browser, which means that anyone can access and modify the source code. This makes it a popular choice for developers who want to create custom browsers or modify the browser’s functionality.
- Cross-platform support: Chromium is available on various platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS, making it accessible to a wide range of users.
- Syncing: Chromium allows you to sync your browsing data, including bookmarks, history, and preferences, across multiple devices. This can help you to maintain a consistent browsing experience, no matter where you are.
- Extensions: Chromium supports a wide range of extensions and add-ons, which can be used to customize the browser’s functionality and add new features. This can help you to personalize your browsing experience and make it more productive.
Manually Install Chromium on Ubuntu
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:canonical-chromium-builds/stage sudo apt update sudo apt install chromium-browser
Chromium Browser Screenshots