Hello everyone, you can now download Curlew for Ubuntu, but before you do that, I hope you are all having a great day so far, my day is going pretty good. I just made up with my fiance after a week long argument that should have lasted us like 1 hour but she dragged it out, lol anyway, please read on…
Today we will promote a fresh new GTK Multimedia converter, perfect for anyone using Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 19.10, 16.04 and even the legendary Ubuntu 14.04. This neat little app, yes, Linux/Ubuntu software can now be labeled as an app! Curlew is one of the best if not the best media converter right now for Linux and especially the Ubuntu community. Curlew brings a beautiful GUI interface, something even FFmpeg(of course front-ends plugins exists) doesn’t offer. Let’s find out what else makes this app so good.
Table of Contents
What Is Curlew About?
Curlew is an easy to use, Free and Open-Source Multimedia converter for Linux, simply put and Curlew was written in python and GTK3 and it depends on (ffmpeg/avconv).
- Easy to use and clean user interface.
- Hide the advanced options with the ability to show them.
- Convert to more than 100 different formats.
- Allow to edit formats.
- Shutdown or suspend PC after a conversion process.
- Show file information (duration, remaining time, estimated size, progress value).
- Show file details using media info.
- Allow to skip or remove file during conversion process.
- Preview file before conversion.
- Show video thumbnail.
- Convert a specified portion of file.
- Combine subtitle with video.
- Allow to crop and pad video.
- Show error details if exist.
Install Curlew Media Converter on Ubunut
- Note: Screenshots were first found on http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk