What is OwnCloud
ownCloud is an enterprise-grade file sync and share solution that is as easy to use as consumer-grade products, but is hosted in your data center, on your servers, using your storage. ownCloud integrates seamlessly into your IT infrastructure, allowing you to deliver file sharing services that conform to your data security and compliance policies. Your employees will love ownCloud’s clean, professional user interfaces; you’ll enjoy peace of mind, knowing that your data is under IT control at all times. With over 1.3 million users, ownCloud is the preferred file sharing solution for enterprises everywhere.
OwnCloud 6 Features
- ownCloud combines the usability and productivity users demand with the power and flexibility IT needs to keep data access under control with on-premise file sync and share.
- Users have access to a full suite of file sharing features, and can work collaboratively at their desks, from their laptops, on their tablets and on their phones.
- ownCloud enables employees to share data any time, from anywhere. ownCloud is fast and easy to install, offering IT infinite deployment flexibility.
- You choose the servers onto which ownCloud is installed and where all files will be stored, leveraging storage across in-house devices and private/hybrid cloud storage services.
- Wizard interfaces enable you to integrate ownCloud with existing LDAP/AD services (and any authentication service accessible via SAML), and ownCloud’s File Firewall provides you with advanced rules-driven access controls.
Install OwnCloud 6 with Command Line
If you are running Server Ubuntu 14.04 run the following command in your terminal:
- sudo sh -c “echo ‘deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/ownCloud:/community/xUbuntu_14.04/ /’ >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/owncloud.list”
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install owncloud