Download Blender For Ubuntu
Hello everyone, you can now download Blender for Ubuntu and experience a world renowned 3D editing software that allows you create, edit movies and videos including animations and even game graphic files.
Today we will highlight some reasons why you should consider giving a Blender a try on your Linux machine. I personally have been a huge fan of Blender for many years now and I love that besides that it is a free and open source software, the community is just amazing. If you have any Blender issues, suggestions or problems, the Blender community is very active so you can choose from many sources for help. Blender allowed me to easily edit some skin files for a few games I played for many years including Counter-Strike models and skins. Let us know in the comments if you decide to try this 3D editing software and what you think about it.
What Is Blender About?
Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite. It supports the entirety of the 3D creation software which includes modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, video editing and 2D & 3D animation.
Blender is a public project, made by hundreds of people from around the world; by studios and individual artists, professionals and hobbyists, scientists, students, VFX experts, animators, game artists, modders, and the list goes on.
Advanced users employ Blender’s API for Python scripting to customize the application and write specialized tools; often these are included in Blender’s future releases. Blender is well suited to individuals and small studios who benefit from its unified pipeline and responsive development process.
Blender comes with a built-in video sequence editor allows you to perform basic actions like video cuts and splicing, as well as more complex tasks like video masking or color grading.
The Blender video editor includes:
- Live preview, luma waveform, chroma vectorscope and histogram displays.
- Audio mixing, syncing, scrubbing and waveform visualization.
- Up to 32 slots for adding video, images, audio, scenes, masks and effects.
- Speed control, adjustment layers, transitions, keyframes, filters and more.
Blender allows artists to turn their still characters into impressive animations.
Blender’s animation offers:
- Character animation pose editor
- Non Linear Animation (NLA) for independent movements
- IK forward/inverse kinematics for fast poses
- Sound synchronization
Blender rigging tools include:
- Envelope, skeleton and automatic skinning
- Easy weight painting
- Mirror functionality
- Bone layers and colored groups for organization
- B-spline interpolated bones
Blender’s comprehensive array of modeling tools make creating, transforming, sculpting and editing your models a breeze.
Blender’s modeling tools include:
- Keyboard shortcuts for a fast workflow
- N-Gon support
- Edge slide, collapse and dissolve
- Grid and Bridge fill
- Python scripting for custom tools and add-ons
Install Blender on Ubuntu
Other Linux graphic editors: Best Photo Editor for Ubuntu