Download FlightGear Game
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all fine. I have been a bit busy the past week or so. I did make some updates on here but I had no chance to add some more games for you guys to download on your Linux computers. Forgive me for that, I am now back and ready to deliver like Steph Curry, lol I had to throw that in there somewhere, did anyone see that NBA game between OKC vs Warriors where Stephen Curry hit the game winner from like mid court? Eish! Forgive me, I got a little distracted, I love basketball almost as much as I love Linux. 😉 Please read on…
Today we will feature an awesome game that most of you will absolutely love, especially those of you who love realistic flight simulators. This game known as FlightGear, I don’t know why they didn’t include a space in between the two words but besides that little pet peeve, this game is one of the best flight simulator games you will ever play on Linux, Mac or Windows! I have the proof below, lets begin.
What Is FlightGear?
FlightGear is a free flight simulator project. It is being developed through the gracious contributions of source code and spare time by many talented people from around the globe. Among the many goals of this project are the quest to minimize short cuts and “do things right”, the quest to learn and advance knowledge, and the quest to have better toys to play with.
Flight Dynamics Models
With FlightGear it is possible to choose between three primary Flight Dynamics Models. It is possible to add new dynamics models or even interface to external “proprietary” flight dynamics models:
- JSBSim: JSBSim is a generic, 6DoF flight dynamics model for simulating the motion of flight vehicles. It is written in C++.
- YASim: This FDM is an integrated part of FlightGear and uses a different approach than JSBSim by simulating the effect of the airflow on the different parts of an aircraft.
- UIUC: This FDM is based on LaRCsim originally written by the NASA. UIUC extends the code by allowing aircraft configuration files instead and by adding code for simulation of aircraft under icing conditions.
Extensive and Accurate World Scenery Data Base
- Over 20,000 real world airports included in the full scenery set.
- Correct runway markings and placement, correct runway and approach lighting.
- Sloping runways (runways change elevation like they usually do in real life.)
- Accurate terrain worldwide for North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
- Scenery includes all vmap0 lakes, rivers, roads, railroads, cities, towns, land cover, etc.
Accurate and Detailed Sky Model
FlightGear implements extremely accurate time of day modeling with correctly placed sun, moon, stars, and planets for the specified time and date. FlightGear can track the current computer clock time in order to correctly place the sun, moon, stars, etc. in their current and proper place relative to the earth.
FlightGear Gameplay Screenshots
Download FlightGear On Ubuntu
Download FlightGear For Linux/su_button]